3 hour workshop
This course is for you if you wish to learn more about regenerative landscape design and how to convert your garden to a mostly edible (and we mean tasty!) garden for next spring.
You will learn techniques to help you make the most of your available space, and guidelines for choosing what to grow. We will also review lesser-known tree-fruit and shrub varietals, edible flowers and ornamentals for attracting pollinating and beneficial insects.
Please bring a basic layout of your garden or potential landscape area that includes established trees and plants to the workshop – you will have the chance to begin designing your garden space!
What you will learn in this workshop:
- How to create an edible, beautiful and functional, water-wise garden landscape
- The Principles of Permaculture design and how they are used to integrate homes with their landscapes while harvesting water, reducing waste and regenerating the soil on your property.
- The design process, understanding site location and shading, plant requirements, water needs, and in particular your wants and needs.
- How to identify areas and characteristics of your plot through ‘gesture drawing’ bubble maps to inform your base design
What this course gives you:
- A base design for your edible garden that can be implemented over the early spring
- Professional advice and ideas for your garden space
- Easy reference charts for edible, pollinator and medicinal plants
- The chance to ask as many gardening-related questions as possible
- Drinks and healthy snacks made by yours truly (Growing Inspired)
This event is now closed. Stay tuned for the next workshop coming up this September!