Growing Inspired is pairing up with Abundant by Nature Permaculture to offer you this interactive and hands-on afternoon workshop where we will tour an urban Permaculture homestead AND learn how to preserve the harvest in a hands-on canning and preserving workshop.
What this workshop includes:
- An interactive tour of a Kelowna home’s amazing Permaculture garden and food forest – including water-harvesting and swales
- A Preserving tutorial covering many different types of preserving & a hands-on tomato canning workshop. Leave with a recipe packet of our most popular preserving recipes
- Learn about a whole systems Permaculture approach where water-harvesting meets food production, and glean ideas and inspiration!
- Leave with a jar of canned tomatoes for the pantry
- You are also welcome to bring some of your own tomatoes to can during the workshop
In this two-part workshop, we will take a 45 minute tour of the property, where water harvesting totes capture the rainwater and direct it into the food forest garden swales which fuel the abundant food-producing yard, along with excellent compost. This will be a very interactive tour and there will be ample time to ask questions about the most relevant aspects of the garden for you.
The second part is all about Preserving! We will review a variety of preserving basics and gourmet recipes before starting the hands-on tomato canning workshop.
Date: Saturday, September 19th
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: An outdoor event held at a Kelowna residence; address provided upon registration.
Investment: Take advantage of the Early Bird rate of $25 available until September 5th. General registration is $35.