Skip to content
- To create a front garden using edible and low-water (Xeriscape) plants to provide privacy while maintaining clear views to the lake.
- To incorporate a path from the sidewalk to the front door and a patio area.
- The landscape was built vertically – on top of the existing bedrock- incorporating soil berms to create the soil depth, and additional height for privacy screening from the road.
- Building soil health was a priority and this was achieved by thickly applying compost and wood mulch to ensure future productivity of the edible plants.
- To reduce wind on the exposed site, tall shrubs and trees were planted to create micro-climates and pockets of shade.