Skip to content
- To create raised garden beds and a level play area for the kids.
- To plant the eroding, steep slope.
- Use a minimalist style and 100% Indigenous plants to help blend the new home and landscape into the side of Knox Mountain.
- A large French-drain/rock pit under the new lawn was installed to improve drainage in the heavy clay soil and prevent soil erosion down-slope. Mulch was applied to help with soil compaction.
- The gravel drive (initially built to construct the home) was excavated to create the level play area. A cedar retaining wall with built-in benches provides private seating, set down from the road.
- The eroding, steep slope was stabilized with deeply-rooted shrubs and trees. Bundles of branches were installed to help retain water on the slope and to keep the top layer of mulch in place.